Wow... where does the time go...

OK, I'll admit I been a bit slack in posting... and I don't know what happened to all those drafts I'd placed in here to post later... oh well...moving on...

Since "my big slice" late last year, I've undergone further procedures to remove the excessive skin after my weight loss. All procedures were performed by my absolutely fantastic surgeon, Dr Margaret Anderson under a general anaesthetic.  And her post-op nursing staff are equally amazing.

Earlier this year, I underwent an inner thigh lipectomy and liposuction.  The lipo was performed to remove the excess volumes of fat from my legs and knees.  Following this, the inner thigh lipectomy was done which involved an incision from the crease of the groin region to just above the knee, in my case, and the inner thigh "lifted" and supported into its new tighter position.  It was then just a matter of wearing compression garments for a while AND don't go on any 5km walks a few days after surgery...

That being done, less than a week ago, I underwent my final stage - a Brachioplasty, or ‘arm lift’, as they're sometimes known as. This procedure reshapes the underside of the upper arm from the armpit to the elbow. The surgery removes extra skin and fat to give a more toned and balanced appearance.  Upper arm skin tends to droop with age and after significant weight loss.  Whilst exercise may strengthen and improve the underlying muscle tone of the upper arm, it cannot change any extra skin that has lost its elasticity. 

I cannot praise enough, how wonderful and fantastic Dr Margaret Anderson and her staff are.  She did an awesome job. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free (or Low Cost) Apps for Mac OSX

Building Australia Party

A Surprise Visit